Peugeot's World Rally Team required a system to support the world's media with digital video, audio and photo - as well as a ground-breaking SMS and e-mail results system. Responding to this challenge, they engaged DV4 and design partners, Four5One, to provide a complete cross media solution aimed at the international media and VIPs.
This multi-lingual subscription-based service provides access to the following resources:
1. Instant results delivered by SMS and E-mail
2. Press Releases distributed by e-mail and fax (yes, there was a time!) with team and sponsor branding
3. Downloadable print resolution photographs
4. Downloadble broadcast quality audio and video
5. Team information
The service is unique in the WRC and clearly distinguishes Peugeot from the other teams in terms of the support provided to the media. Monitoring of press coverage has proven that the client and sponsor received more exposure than any other team. Just as importantly, the essentially self-service nature of the service meant that our client could increase the number of journalists it serviced (400 journalists to over 2,000 in 100 countries through our solution) without requiring additional PR staff. More importantly, PR staff could dedicate more time to “high value” PR activities
Built-in reporting and analysis tools provided statistics on subscriptions and usage and allowed Peuegot to undertsand how journalists use the service. This allows fine-tuning of the various elements so that the team could support journalists in the best possible ways.
In addition to the online and mobile services, a DVD providing an
introduction to the sport and the thrills and spills was produced for use in presentations to VIPs and as a take home promotional item.
Our work in the WRC has been recognised with the awarding of National Digital Media Award for Best Cross Media Content.
Some further plaudits:
"Just a quick note to say that the service from the Monte [Carlo rally] was first-rate and I look forward to the next round!"
- Phil Branagan, Editor, Motorsport News, Australia
"Last Friday I subscribed [to] your services and this weekend I knew what was happening in Sweden. Your service is perfect. Thank you very much."
- Eduardo Carpinteiro Albino, Mitsubishi Motors, Portugal
"We are very happy with your media service. Thanks. Good luck for the rally!"
- Erkki Vanhanen, Editor-in-chief, F1-maailma Magazine, Finland
"Your service is very, very...useful. Fantastic."
-Paulo Homem, www.ralis.online.pt, Portugal
"Splendid, superb, outstanding and really good."
- Tommy Nielsen, District Mgr., Mitsubishi Motor Sales, Denmark
"Thank you very much for your very helpful photo service."
- Anamit Sen, Assistant Editor, Auto Motor & Sport Magazine, India
"This is the best DVD about rally that I ever seen!"
- Ferdy De Martin, Philip Morris International